cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to add the reporter from manager field

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

I have been trying to add the reporter based on the manager field after the creation of a ticket. 

Testing this running a manual triggered automation. 

in the reporter field I used:

{{Manager.customfieldID}} But this didn't work and I tried to use {{issue.Manager.customerfieldID}} 

What am I missing here. Do I need to add a string?

As of now it runs the automation but adds(Anonymous) to the reporter.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Hi Aaron.

If you can use this url (along with a chrome plug in called JSONVue, or any other JSON viewer) you can see what smart value you should use. (replace your instance name and issue key). I use this all the time when I am creating/using smart values.

https://{your instance name}/rest/api/2/issue/{issue key}?expand=names

In the screen shot below, I am looking for the status text of the issue that I am on (DVS-21). When using JsonVue plugin, I can roll over the value and it displays the full path to the smart value in the bottom left hand corner (fields.status.name). So my smart value would be {{issue.fields.status.name}}. If you can't get JsonVu, use another Json viewer and collapse and expand the tree and walk down the dotted path (fields -> status -> name).

screenshot.png

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Maybe I should asked how do I display the value of the user from Manager field to Reporter? 

So if I am the Manager I need that to be added to the Reporter? But it has to be for each issue the manager then becomes reporter with automation.

Also I can't use a chrome add-on without security review so that is out of the question at this time. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

I figured it out you have to use:

{{issue.customfield_ID}} in the reporter field. I also backed this up with advance compared condition. 
image.png

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Glad to hear that!

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

Thanks for the assistance. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events