Automation that sends issue to Slack when breaching SLA

Jeferson Silva April 10, 2023

I would like to create an automation that sends a message to Slack whenever an issue reaches the SLA.

In addition to displaying the link and description of the issue in the SLA, I do not receive the issue just a "test" message

Jira1.PNG

Slack flow.PNGSlack1.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 2, 2023

Hi @Jeferson Silva 

I suggest an easy-to-use alternative if you are okay with using third-party apps – SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on with a 30-day trial period.

There you can configure notifications in the SLA, in the comments to the task, and you don't need to create automation separately because it is possible to add it to the required SLA goals in one SLA configuration window.

1_2023-07-02_23-17-45.png

If you need to make unique messages, open the Message Template Editor and change the text using Shortcodes instead of Smart value.

2_2023-07-02_23-19-06.png

Try the app yourself to decide if it's better for you. My team developed the app, so I will be happy to answer if you have a questions or doubts.

Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2023

This would not be solving the problem of sending the description.

In addition to displaying the link and description of the issue in the SLA, 

This thread was dead for about 2 and a half months with an answer that fit the question and judging from the screenshots, your app does not solve the problem described. One might argue that it would be clearer or more correct to disclose your affiliation with the product through more than just your employers name inside your profile name - but that's just a question of style.

Overall your post does not seem to be a good example of successful, smooth and fitting app promotion.

Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2023

Hi @Gideon Nolte [Jodocus] 

You are right, I should have indicated my affiliation with the app development team. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I'll fix it now.

However, the add-on allows you to add custom text with Shortcode IssueURL in the Message Template Editor, which solves at least half of the problem. We plan to add more Shortcodes in the next month, so it might solve it completely.

That's why my comment can be helpful for other Community members, not just promotion.

Regards,
Kateryna, Product Marketing Manager at SaaSJet

0 votes
Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Jeferson Silva

try using the "Send Slack message" action. To provide the key, summary, description and url in the message, you could use the following Smart Values.

• {{issue.key}}
  • {{issue.summary}}
  • {{issue.description}}
  • {{issue.url}}

Here's a demo setup:

image.pngHope this helps.
Greetings
Gideon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN