You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
we had an automation rule runnign for the last months. The goal of the rule is to copy the values of the system field Organizations to a custome field "Customer organizations".
We need the Customer organizations field to better structure, filter, search tickets.
Organization is named "Company123 [Germany]" --> our internal rule to name organizations is always the company name (e.g. Company123) and then space and country in [ ]
The rule copied the values as labels in the field Customer organizations. So the result was:
Since a few days we receive the message:
I believe labels cannot have spaces at all. We store values containing spaces, as values with spaces replaced by dashes. Then when pulling the value, we replace the dashes with spaces.
But we have the same issue when there is more than one value, but we're trying to convert an array of values in a webresponse to labels.
Our data comes over as this json
If we have a single value, like "Baseball Game" it will come through as "Baseball-Game"
But with two values, we get the same error, suggesting there is one string being submitted, e.g. 'Baseball-game, test'
Which suggests it's a question of how to iterate correctly using smart values functions, beyond just the .replace(), because after the replace, we'll need to convert to a collection of strings.
So far, the closest I've come is using .asJsonStringArray, as in
Which will generate the array, but also encapsulated as a single string, so we don't have two labels, but one that looks like this:
Ultimately, I decided to break the problem apart to separate Edit Issue calls, wrapped by Advanced Branching, so that we could submit them one a time, still replacing the spaces with dashes.
I've just noticed I have the same problem and I thought maybe it was something I did wrong, but I tested everything and couldn't solve this problem.
I've also created a ticket for Atlassian support, but until they'll reply, If you find any solution for this, please share it. I'll do the same