Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation, set Due Date based on Start and Estimated Date

James Gray November 1, 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to create an automation that will set a due date based on the Estimated date and start date, but I'm receiving an error. 

I have the following automation:
When: Value changes for "Start Date" --> Edit issue fields: Due date " {{issue.fields.originalestimate}} + {{issue.fields.startdate}}".

I'm unsure if the logic is correct, but when it executes, I receive "the due date must be of the format "yyyy-mm-dd", but I'm not able to switch the format in the custom field settings. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2023

Hi @James Gray ,

What format does your calculated date have now ? Can you display the value in the automation rule log ? I think it will look something like this.

I think the best way to handle this is to put the calculated date in a variable first in the automation rule, and perform a date formatting on it.

See this page for formatting options : https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kris

James Gray November 1, 2023

Hi Kris,

It has the default date format, I've tried it with both the default Due date field, and a custom field, but still no success. I will try it using a variable.

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events