Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation send email with issues based on last update

Mariano June 16, 2021

Hello! I couldn't find previous threads explaining exactly what I need, and Google also wasn't of help :/

I am looking to create an automation rule that checks daily for issues that nothing changed in two days (no update, no status change, etc) and send me an email letting me know it didn't change for two days.

I did add a rule to email me when this JQL is true: project = "My Project" and status = "Waiting for support" and updated >= 2d

the updated >= 2d part I tried it in all imaginable ways, updated <= -2d, updated >= -2d, etc etc. None of them worked.

On the other hand, I also need a rule that when a ticket is just open, and no action has been taken for 4 hours, to shoot me an email as well.

Not for being lazy, but since I can't seem to grasp the concept of time comparison on JQL, I am weary to try any rule because it just won't work :'-(

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Mariano , 

correct JQL would be "updated <= -2d" : this will show issues that were updated more than 2 days ago.

The same JQL for "no action for the last 4 hours" is "updated <= -4h".

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Mariano June 24, 2021

Hello @Alexis Robert ! Sorry for the late reply.

For the sake of spreading my scope and see if it triggers an email, I did the following:

project = "My Project" and status = "Waiting for support" OR status = "Open" and updated <= -2d

Am I doing something extremely wrong or should I consider retiring from trying to admin Jira? 😂

Maybe there's something wrong with the way the project or issues are setup? It's a simple Service Desk project though, nothing too fancy.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Hi @Mariano , 

this might be because of the way you're writing your query with the OR statements. Can you try this : 

project = "My Project" and ( status = "Waiting for support" OR status = "Open" ) and updated <= -2d

Thanks, 

Alexis

Mariano June 25, 2021

@Alexis Robert you're a genius thank you! One last question and I promise I won't bother anymore :)

Is there a way to avoid Jira emailing me on weekends?

Maybe a Today() != clause of some sorts? I am kinda sad you cannot mix JQL with the Jira easy search formatting.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Hi @Mariano ,

if you're using the Scheduled trigger in Automation, I believe you can do something like this : 

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 09.52.20.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Like Mariano likes this
Mariano June 29, 2021

This is genius @Alexis Robert !, exactly what I was looking for.! Thank you so much and have a nice day!

Mariano June 29, 2021

Ah, but this is for the weeekly one. I was looking more into the rule running hourly, but not on weekends. I guess you can't have it all! lol

But thanks anyway for all the help, at least I got my rules working and it helps a lot with work!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events