Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation runs twice, fails first time

t_s_llc May 3, 2021

I've made an automation to set the Assignee as a Request Participant upon assignment. This is to get around the fact that customers can't see the assignee from their portal but they can see Request Participants. It seems to be working, but every time it runs, it fails with "SOME ERRORS", before it runs again and succeeds.

Custom field 10026 is the Request Participants field.

First Audit Log output:

Action details:

Edit issue

Error editing issues ITSM-10339(Specify a valid value for customfield_10026 (customfield_10026))

Audit Log output 2 seconds later:

Action details:

Edit issue

Issues edited successfully ITSM-10339

And here's my JSON under Additional Fields in the "Edit issue fields" action:

{
"update": {
"customfield_10026": [
{ "add": { "accountId":"{{issue.assignee.accountId}}" } } ]
}
}

Any ideas? I don't like turning off error notifications but that's my only option now.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hello @t_s_llc ,

Thanks for reaching out and providing all the details.

I played around with the setting and it looks like the issue is getting unassigned before reassigning to a new user in the background, so I added in an "Issue field condition" to only run the rule if "Assignees is not Empty" and it removes the error, the following screenshot shows the audit log after setting the issue to unassigned to trigger the No actions performed message then back to assigned for the success event:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.56.51 AM.png

Regards,
Earl

t_s_llc May 6, 2021

That seems to work, Earl. Thank you!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
TAGS