Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation rule sending email to distribution list problems

good morning All!!

I have been recently notified by one of my users that he is not receiving emails sent by automation to a distribution list.

I have reviewed the automation log of that rule and for the event setn email there are no issues, event was executed successfully

I have check with people from IT and they told me that there isn't any email to that distribution list in the specified timeframe.

Any Ideas on what could is happening or where to look for?

Thanks in advance,

Ro

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 17, 2021

As a test, can you create a manual rule to simply email that distribution list and try it out? If no one gets the email on that distribution list and update your rule and see if you can have just email you directly. If that works then I highly suspect the issue was lying outside of Jira and you need to check with your IT group. I am assuming this distribution list was set up by your IT.

Hi @Jack Brickey I have just created another rule  and same results. I try to email myself and it worked.

I will contact IT as you suggested an let you know

Thank you

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 17, 2021

you could also break the DL out into individual addresses in the meantime.

@Jack Brickey  Finally the issue was on IT side!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

660 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you