Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule sending email to distribution list problems

Rosana Casilli December 17, 2021

good morning All!!

I have been recently notified by one of my users that he is not receiving emails sent by automation to a distribution list.

I have reviewed the automation log of that rule and for the event setn email there are no issues, event was executed successfully

I have check with people from IT and they told me that there isn't any email to that distribution list in the specified timeframe.

Any Ideas on what could is happening or where to look for?

Thanks in advance,

Ro

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

As a test, can you create a manual rule to simply email that distribution list and try it out? If no one gets the email on that distribution list and update your rule and see if you can have just email you directly. If that works then I highly suspect the issue was lying outside of Jira and you need to check with your IT group. I am assuming this distribution list was set up by your IT.

Rosana Casilli December 17, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey I have just created another rule  and same results. I try to email myself and it worked.

I will contact IT as you suggested an let you know

Thank you

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

you could also break the DL out into individual addresses in the meantime.

Rosana Casilli December 23, 2021

@Jack Brickey  Finally the issue was on IT side!!

Like Mike likes this
Mike February 2, 2022

@Rosana CasilliDo you know what the IT issue was? My problem seems very similar to yours. It goes from Jira to Exchange 365 and the message trace shows delivered but nobody gets an email.

Jeanne Howe October 17, 2022

@Rosana Casilli 

I am also seeing this issue. Any idea what your IT dept did to fix this issue?

Like Mike likes this
Rosana Casilli October 18, 2022

@Mike @Jeanne Howe  the problem was that the distribution list was in was marked as possible spam on Gmail side. And that was the problem in my case.

Like Mike likes this
Mike October 18, 2022

Thank you Rosana, I will watch out for that.

Like Rosana Casilli likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events