Automation rule only works in working hours

Faizan Iftikhar September 26, 2022

Dear Members,

Doing Good!

Rules are working after office hours , need a solution to work only in working hours. Any help

Thanks in Advance!!

BR,

3 comments

Faizan Iftikhar September 26, 2022

@[deleted] @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) 

Need your verdict please, thanks

Omar Khaled September 27, 2022

Did you try using the reschedule ? trigger 

Faizan Iftikhar September 27, 2022

Hi Omar,

New here for Jira, I have heard schedule in Automation . Would you please elaborate about reschedule

Thanks

Omar Khaled September 27, 2022

you can create a trigger called Rescheduled and make it run every 5 minutes for example as follows  to avoid failing in on working hours 

schaduled.JPG

Thanks @Omar Mohamed Fathi ( IT )  

But in that case it will run in for example every 5 min that includes weekends. From where i can differentiate work days and weekends in Automation to fulfill the requirement. Please guide...

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Faizan Iftikhar 

Can you provide more info on what you are trying to achieve with this rule please?

Can it just run once a day, five days a week? if so then something like this would work.
2022-09-28 18_32_54-Automation.png

To create a schedule that starts and stops at certain times during the day, you will need to study up on CRON Construct cron expressions for a filter subscription | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support even then, depending on what you are trying to achieve, it might be difficult to get a JQL filter to fit the scenario. 

Hi @Curt Holley 

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to achieve here is:

Need to run rule 2 times in a day within 8 working hours (Mon-Fri)

I hope you understand my point. Thanks

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

OK @Faizan Iftikhar so set up 2 rules like the one I showed above.
One for a suitable time in the morning and one for a suitable time in the afternoon.

Faizan Iftikhar September 28, 2022

@Curt Holley 

That's sounds great ... But how we restrict rule to 8 hours i.e. business hours. Do not excute after working hours, can we do that ... Any idea

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

It depends @Faizan Iftikhar 

Most rules trigger via a change occurring on an issue (or an issue is created) by a human. so most rules will not be triggered after hours because no-one is working to cause the event that would trigger the rule.
For rules that you tell them when to run (i.e. Via a schedule), well we have been through that scenario in the previous comments.

Why is this "how do stop the rules from running after hours" such a concern? Do you have a rule that is? if so, what is it all about?

I'm struggling to think of "why" or "How" this is a concern really.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events