Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule for inherit specific label from parent to subs

Will_y_ De Vos July 5, 2022

Hi community,

I was wondering if and how it would be possible to transfer a specific label to all linked tickets?

We are labeling certain type of tickets from within a certain project with a specific label. When we do this labbeling it would be very convenient to add also a label to the linked tickets.

Why? 

Service tickets are entering our queue. When an issue needs to be escalated we create another ticket (bug ticket), and link all tickets (reportings) to that ticket.

For identifying certain tickets we have 2 metrics:

1 is the # of tickets that are escalated and contains a specific label (project ES)

1 is the @# of tickets that contains the reporting of that issue (project OSD)

So, an ES-tickets can contain maybe 25 OSD-tickets

Thanks for thinking along!

Best regards,

Will

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

Hi @Will_y_ De Vos , have you tried creating an Automation rule as yet. Below is something to get you started. I'm sure some changes are required but hopefully it gets you close.

CB62C869-6E95-4590-AB62-124FC54B051D.png

Will_y_ De Vos July 5, 2022

Hi Jack,

thanks for the feedback regarding the automation rules, highly appreciated.

I use automation rules more and more but never used it with 'branch rules' and therefore couldn't find that option. 

I do believe when handling multiple project (If value in A changes than also change value in B) we need to implement a Global Rule...and I don't really like the rules that Jira applies for Global Rules.

But surely, I will try this one

Best regards,

Will

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events