Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule: Trying to re-fetch data on a scheduled "Create new task"

James Nelson April 15, 2024

I'm trying to schedule a task creation to happen, which then fills in the summary, description, then sets an assignee and reporter.  The Assignee automatically gets a notification that the ticket is created, but I want to email the "Reporter" (who is just has a "customer" license) that this ticket is created (with ticket ID, etc).  But when I try to "Re-Fetch" issue data so the "send email" task has the needed info, I get this error:    

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Re-fetch issue data

I've attached the full rule structure.  What am I missing?image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Not sure why my replies aren't being reflected so I'll try again here. As I was thinking through this there is a better way. You'll just want to add a Branch for "Most recently created issue" after your "Create Issue" action. Then add your re-fetch issue data and send email actions within that branch. 

Created Issues.png

This feels like a clunky way to do it, but it seems to be working.  Thanks for the assist.

Like Marcus Jones likes this
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Certainly. Perhaps another community member has a better way to achieve this, but glad it is working!

0 votes
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2024

Hi @James Nelson ,

Since you added in a "Re-fetch Issue Data", you'll need to check the box next to "Run a JQL search and execute actions for each issue in the query." Then simply add in your JQL. In the simplest form, you could just add the JQL for the project you are working in so it would look like:

Project = "Data National Programs"

So with that JQL you gave and making sure the "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed" box is checked, it should only effect the issue being created by this rule, right?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events