Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule: Chage priority field only for jira-admins

Aleksey Plisko May 9, 2022

Hi

I tried to create an automation rule for the priority field of the ticket.

Only admin can change priority, but it not actually work.

What I am doing wrong?

Trigger:

When: Value changes for

priority

Condition:

Initiator is not in

• jira-administrators

Action:

Then: Transition the issue to

same status (loop)

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Aleksey Plisko and welcome to the community,

what are you actually trying to do with the transition action in the end? The transition will only change the status but won´t touch the priority field.

As far as I got your requirement right you´d like to rollback the priority field in case somebody NOT in admin group changed the field. Could you confirm this?

If so I would suggest to work with fieldChange smart value. {{fieldChange.fromString}} will give you the value of the field before the change. If condition is true the value can be set back using this smart value. see detailed documentation here:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--eventType--

Hope this was helpful.

Best
Stefan

Aleksey Plisko May 9, 2022

Yeah, you got it right.

Could you provide me please an example of how to use it?

And where do I actually enter these smart values/commands?

Thank you in advance

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Aleksey Plisko 

instead of an transition action add an "edit issue" action and edit the field "priority" to the the value you got from smart value of {{fieldChange}}.

Best
Stefan

Aleksey Plisko May 11, 2022

Like this? And after I can add the smart value?

Screenshot 2022-05-11 085757.png

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

Add the smart value directly to this action, not after it. The action is executed when condition is true

so:

WHEN

• initiator is NOT member of group jira-admin

THEN

• edit field to previous value --> which is set via smart value {{fieldChange.fromString}}

Within the edit issue action for field "Priority":
This is currently set to "copy from current issue" --> change this to the smart value
You can click into this field and write your smart value into the field (see screenshot)

image.png

Best
Stefan

Aleksey Plisko May 12, 2022

Hi Stefan,

I've tried what you suggest before and found that, in When you can not enter "initiator is NOT member of group jira-admin". You only have some standard triggers, nothing related to groups of users.

I tried it the other way, but still no success.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 163124.png

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2022

@Aleksey Plisko 

I´m a bit confused. Weren´t you able to check this condition in your previous screenshot?

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events