cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation project

Jennyfer Cubelles Torres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2020

Hi all

While using the option automation of project. I would like to set certain specific deadlines for the same JIRA project as for example:

10/02 of every year

10/05 of every year

10/08 of every year

10/11 of every year

would it be possible by using cron expressions to automate one rule for all the above periods?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2020

Hello @Jennyfer Cubelles Torres

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you can schedule your rule to run in specific days of the year using a Cron Expression in Jira Cloud automation. This would be the steps to schedule the trigger to run on the dates you want:

1. Navigate to your JIRA SD project > Project settings > Project automation (Not automation)
  2. Click to Create a new rule
  3. Select the scheduled trigger, configuring the Cron expression "0 0 10 10 2,5,8,11 ?", as displayed in the screenshot below:
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 19.25.36.png
  4. The rule above will be triggered on the 10th day of February, May, August, and November at 10:00 AM UTC.

The first three parameters are used to define the time, so you can change it by using the following table, considering the order that they must be specified (from left to right):

Second Minute Hour Day-Of-Month Month Day-Of-Week Year
0-59 0-59 0-23 1-31 1-12 or JAN-DEC 1-7 or SUN-SAT 1970-2099

For more details about Cron expressions, check the documentation below:

Construct cron expressions for a filter subscription 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Jennyfer Cubelles Torres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 6, 2020

Thanks a lot for your response. Really appreciated.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

You are welcome @Jennyfer Cubelles Torres

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events