Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation not working on issues created from another project

Soporte Atl June 7, 2022

Hi,

I've set an automation rule on new issues created on a project (type software managed by team).

The rule works fine if I create a new issue in that very project.

I have a second project (type service management) that creates tasks in the first one.

The aforementioned rule doesn't work in new tasks if those tasks were created from the second project.

I've performed multiple tests and simplified the rule to the maximum and the problem seems to arise only when the task is an "inherited" one (created from the other project).

Could you please suggest anything else to check?

Thanks,

M

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Issues are not created "from projects", but in some places, Jira assumes you mean "the last project I was active in" (mostly when you're in a screen that is for a project or issue within a project).

Is your automation global?  If it's a project automation, then it's only going to pick up issue creation when the issue is being created in the project the automation belongs to.

Soporte Atl June 7, 2022

Hi, Nic.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

As a workaround I finally set up a scheduled check for all new issues created instead of using the "issue created" trigger.

Regards,

M

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events