Hi

I am trying to get an automation that does the following

Run when the following

• Issue is created
  • Of a certain request type
  • Then "Clone Issue" into same project
  • And "link Issue" to trigger issue
  • And "add Comment to cloned issue"
  • and finally I want the cloned issue (with comments added) to have a new request type associated with it.

Everything is working until the final step where it is not setting the request type, but instead removing it completely. Cannot figure out why this would be the case or how to resolve. Any help appreciated 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Nick Turner - I'd need to see the rule, but it is likely that you need to perform a branch into the newly created issue.  Something like this:

• TRIGGER: Issue Created
  • CONDITION: Request Type = Your Request Type
  • ACTION: Clone Issue
    • Issue Link to Trigger
  • BRANCH (Recently Created Issue):
    • ACTION: Add Comment
    • ACTION: Edit Issue
      • Request Type = Your Request type

If this is what you have already, please share screenshots of your rule and the audit log.

Nick Turner April 18, 2024

Thank you Mark

I wasn't using the Branch for recently created issues as the next step. That worked a treat. Thanks very much

Like Mark Segall likes this
1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

We'll need more details on your setup, @Nick Turner - but based on what you describe, the most likely reason why the last step fails is that request types are linked to issue types in Jira Service Management. If you are trying to set a request type that is not available for the issue type you have just created, then this will fail.

If that is not the issue, share any error messages you may see in your automation rule's audit log and the way you have now configured the part where you are trying to set the request type (ideally even screenshots of your entire automation rule)

Hope this helps!

Nick Turner April 18, 2024

Thanks Walter, This has been fixed by creating the correct branch action. Thanks for your reply

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events