Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation issue: Close resolved issue not working

Mkrtich Tono January 7, 2024

I have created this automation and double checked couple of times, I want to close solved tickets automatically but for some reason the automation is not triggering even its not running by force run. 

In bellow screenshot as you can see there are more than 800 tickets needs to honor the trigger but the transaction is not happening and in the logs its listed as: No Actions performed. 

I changed the actor and made it my self still same issue. 

1.pngScreenshot 2024-01-08 113741.pngScreenshot 2024-01-08 113800.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mkrtich Tono January 8, 2024

@Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam thank you for your reply, I have untick the option and tried to run the automation, now I can see that there are some errors in the trigger, with the following error code: 

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status): (then the list of the tickets) 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 125141.png

Your advice will be greatly appreciated

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2024

Hi @Mkrtich Tono 

This is due to the fact you use the "$" sign, this is a reserved keyword.

Due to the status name with a "$" , automation sees this as smart value, rename you status to "Closed".

This should fix your problem.

Mkrtich Tono January 8, 2024

Hello @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

I have changed the status from workflow and removed the $ sign, but still have the same issue Screenshot 2024-01-08 153833.pngScreenshot 2024-01-08 154010.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2024

HI @Mkrtich Tono 

2 options:

1. The simplest solution is to change the Actor in the Automation Rule into your user or any user who has permission to apply this transition, also the permission to close an issue.
  2. Maybe you need to use 10160 status ID (numeric status ID) in your smart-value for automation rule (if using smart values)
Like Mkrtich Tono likes this
Mkrtich Tono January 9, 2024

@Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam thank you but I have tried the both options and they did not worked :(((

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2024

Did you remove the $ sing in your JQL on the scheduled trigger as well.

Why are you using $ sings as I don't seem to see then in you workflow.

Can you show the full automation with details on each step and your workflow?

This is standard why to close issues, so it should have to do something with the rule, workflow (conditions, validators, status names) or permissions.

Mkrtich Tono January 16, 2024

@Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam thank you for your reply! 
I have removed the $ sign from a couple of places and changed the actor to me again and it worked thank you! 

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2024

Hi @Mkrtich Tono 

I see the trigger of the automation there is a tickbox saying "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed". 

Can you try to untick that and run the automation once more.

If the rule runs, change it back after the succesfull run.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events