Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - insert form based on request type

Sam Fowler January 24, 2022

I want to insert an off-boarding form when an off-boarding request is submitted. I cannot figure out in automation what action to use.

Thanks,

Sam

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022

@Sam Fowler we are working at the moment on implementing automation to add forms via Automation for Jira. We hope to have this work done in March or April this year.

This will allow you to add a form after the request is created.

Ed Parker February 17, 2022

That's good to hear.  That will massively help our bug triage process!

Is it possible to set up workflow validators so that a form has to be attached before the workflow can progress?

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

UPDATE: Forms integration with Automation shipped!

Good news everyone, the first set of automation actions/triggers has now shipped and will be available in your JSM cloud instance.

SCR-20220504-ica.png

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2022

@Ed Parker today we are in the process of shipping two workflow validators that allows you to check whether:

1. Form are attached; and
  2. The forms are submitted.

However to make sure a specific form is attached and or submitted I would use a combination of the first validation and the Automation IF condition. So the rule would work as follows:

1. Trigger: Status change
  2. IF/Else: The specific form is attached (and submitted)
  3. Else: Action: revert the status change

This is not a perfect solution as it does not prevent the transition; however it does ensure that the correct form is both attached and submitted.

Like Ed Parker likes this
Anna Arczynska January 25, 2023

Was this added? I cannot find such automation on my JIRA Cloud.

1 vote
Julia Shcherbyna _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Sam Fowler ! For the offboarding process, we recommend creating a process template, where you add all steps(Jira issues) that have to be done to minimize company risk.

A standardized employee offboarding process not only mitigates legal and security threats, but also helps you gain honest feedback from employees on where to improve your organization. 

The main steps you need to take to organize the process using the Business Process Manager plugin developed by my team:

1. Create a template with all the steps of the process 

изображение.png

2. Add instructions, checklists, and forms needed to submit Frame 4.png
  3. Select the project to place the issue and assignee(s) Frame 3.png
  4. Start the process when needed manually or use Jira Automation to start the process as an action after the selected trigger (etc. create an issue with label "offboarding" in HR project) 
    изображение.png

Moreover, when you install the add-on, you'll have predefined templates for a lot of common processes.

UPD: Read our new article about offboarding process in Jira

1 vote
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi Sam,

I assume you are using/building a Proforma form? If so, why does the form need to be inserted after the request is submitted? Why wouldn't the form just be the request?

Sam Fowler January 24, 2022

In our case, the requests sent via email from our HRIS. I have an automation that will change the request type based on the sender. I also and to embed the form that the helpdesk will use to check off the off-boarding requirements.

Thanks

Rachel Morgan March 27, 2022

We have 2 forms - one that allows the requester to specify access needs which is part of the submission process, and our 'internal' form (after submission) which we use to track the range of tasks we need to do. We were using sub-task automation, but this is clunky (effective though) and since the Forms became available, it has been a much better.
Automation of forms to request types is eagerly anticipated, as it will mean a smoother and consistent workflow.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events