Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for emails

Ayush Lawania February 12, 2024

I have a JSM project which has a custom short text field to capture the email address of the external users, they do not have jira accounts and I want to send notifications to those email address in the custom field for which I am looking for automation to use that custom field to send email notification via automation.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

Hi 

The following automation rule works when an issue is updated. It will send an email to the email address present in the custom field. I have set the trigger as "issue updated." You can change the trigger as per your needs. In the action, I have chosen "send email," and in the "to" address, I have given the smart value so it will copy the field value. The smart value goes by {{issue.CustomField}}. I created a custom field as external email, so my smart value goes by {{issue.externalEmail}}. email.PNG

You have the flexibility to modify the content according to your requirements and leverage smart values for automatically populating fields such as the issue summary. By clicking on the two curly braces in the lower right corner of the content, a sidebar explaining smart values will appear, providing helpful guidance on utilizing these values effectively.

email1.PNG

This is one way to utilize the custom field for sending emails to external email addresses. I have selected "issue updated" as a trigger, but if that doesn't meet your requirements, you can modify the trigger accordingly.

If you specify the exact trigger you need, I will modify it accordingly and send it again.

Thank you.

Ayush Lawania February 12, 2024

thanks that works

Like Jerrold - Empyra likes this
0 votes
Hariharan Iyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania ,

I'm not sure if I understood your question, but if you're looking for how to get the value of the custom field in an automation, then this may help - https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field-993924665.html

Otherwise, please explain your problem in a little more detail and we can take it forward from there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events