Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira, you do not have the permission to comment on this issue

m.leoni July 15, 2021

Hi

I have create some automation on my project.

When the ticket is closed, I need to send an email and insert a comment on ticket.

When the automation try to insert a comment on closed ticket, return:

"Automation for Jira, you do not have the permission to comment on this issue"

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hi and welcome to the community,

If you check Rule details, is Automation for Jira the actor?

Screenshot 2021-07-15 111356.png

If you look at the permission scheme for the project, does that user belong to a group/role that have the permission to comment?

m.leoni July 15, 2021

Yes, the actor is Automation for Jira.

The problem is only when Jira try to insert a comment on a closed ticket..

The other automation, for example for resolution, works correctly and insert the comment.

When the ticket is opened, resolved or another status, Jira can insert a comment on ticket. If the status is closed, Jira can not insert a comment.

Is it possible to create an automation for a closed ticket that create a comment on status closed?

Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Are you able to comment on closed issues without using automations?

Check the workflow, if you have a property set for jira.issue.editable set to false for the closed status
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/

Like Niels William Porsborg likes this
m.leoni July 15, 2021

Ok thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events