Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation based on a queue

Tomasz Bis May 19, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to create an automation based on a queue.

I am typing the following in JQL lookup 'project = ISD AND labels in "queue96"', however it doesn't see the word "queue".

Is anybody aware whether we can find tickets listed in particular queue please?

My aim is to create JQL that finds all tickets in particular queue. 

Many THanks

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

Hi @Tomasz Bis 

Unfortunately you can't. A queue is just a JQL query so there's no way to refer to the queue. What you could do is create jql that is a replica of the jql of the queue and add conditions if needed

So the "queue96" queue of your example has a specific condition in the JQL query powering the queue (example : issuetype = Incidents AND customfield_10143 = queue96)

In your Automation, filter by another jql query that would look like : project = ISD AND issuetype = Incidents AND customfield_10143 = queue96

By adding the same JQL powering your queue, you'll normally see all the same tickets.

Hope this helps !

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2023

You should also be able to create your base filter, then save it, and then reference that saved filter from both your JSM queue JQL and your automation. This way, if you need to update the JQL in either the queue or the automation, you’ll be reminded that you need to update it in a way that both parts of the system will be updated in the one to.

CCM

Like Tomasz Bis likes this
0 votes
Tomasz Bis May 29, 2023

Thanks for help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin