cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation auto-assign priority

Jeferson Carlos dos Santos January 4, 2024

Hi guys.

Coul you help me?

I'm creating an automation where I want a ticket, when created by the customer, to be distributed to a group of employees who will deal with that specific ticket.
Each ticket of mine has a different priority level. How do I ensure that, when the ticket is created, it checks the priority level and from there, it directs it to a specific employee? Because some employees have advanced knowledge in some subjects, and these subjects, when created by the client, have to be automatically directed to them. Is there a way to do this in automation?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Jeferson Carlos dos Santos ,

This sounds like something you can do with automations.

You can use if/else statements in your automation rule(s), to determine the actions that need to be taken when ex. a specific priority is selected.

How is the priority determined ? Is it selected by the user when creating a ticket ?

Also, the 'Subjects' you mention, how are these determined ? Is it a custom field that is selected by the user ?

Best regards,

Kris

Jeferson Carlos dos Santos January 4, 2024

Hi @Kris Dewachter 

The priority is determined by me. It will already be set within each subject that I created for a group that forms a category on the client portal screen. Each subject has a different priority.
If it is possible, in addition to doing an automation by priority, is there a way to do an automation taking the name of the subject title?
The subjects are requested forms that I created to include within groups of categories, as shown in the attached image.img1.JPGimg2.JPG

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Jeferson Carlos dos Santos ,

I can see from your screenshots you have a portal group "Vehicle", which contains 4 request types ("Configuration - Vehicle", "Decommission - Vehicle", ...).

You can create an "if" statement in your automation rule on the "Request Type" field.

You can select the name of the correct request type in the "Value" dropdown.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 21.44.59.png

Best regards,

Kris

Jeferson Carlos dos Santos January 5, 2024

Thank you very much for the help Kris!!!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2024

@Jeferson Carlos dos Santos -

To supplement what @Kris Dewachter suggested, can you provide some further clarification on the Priority field assignment for the issue created since you mentioned "Each ticket of mine has a different priority level"?  Does the default priority field assignment controlled via your project's priority scheme setup, or you have setup some other configurations where you specify the priority value?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

I am using default priority levels within my request types. And in each request type that I create I use a different default level, such as Trivial, High, Medium... img2.JPG
Taking advantage of this topic, if I want to create a new field within these request types, for example, a field named Complexity, with a dropdown of names such as Advanced, Moderate, Complex, etc.
Can I use this field with the options within it for this automation and also within an SLA via JQL?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

@Jeferson Carlos dos Santos -

Yes, you can.  You will need to create a new custom field (single select dropdown) and associate it to your JSM projet/issue type + adjust the "issue view" screen associated with the request type of your JSM project first.

Afterward, you can use the custom field in JQL and automation.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph 

Perfect, I am going to try it. 

Thanks for the help Joseph!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin