Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Using Workflows

Luke Murray May 27, 2021

New JSM user here

I'd like to automatically assign a request type and add participants based on the requesters email address. 

Current Setup:

Two support email addresses for customers, IT@ and Product@ are forwarded to Service@ (this is the mail handler address). 

I have two licensed agents A + B and two managers C + D.

A + B require the ability to edit, update, close, assign requests (helpdesk users/admins).

C + D only need to be able to add comments to the ticket via email.

Expected workflow:

ticket created > from address IS product@ > assign to request type project > assign agent B AND add participants C +D

Also 

ticket created > from address IS IT@ > assign to request type project > assign agent A AND add participants C +D

Is this something JSM-cloud supports natively? I've been unable to figure it out, although it seems like a basic help-desk function?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hi @Luke Murray

Automation is included without any additional cost in every Cloud plan.
However, based on your current plan there might be restrictions, you can learn more about them here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-service-limits/

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Luke Murray 

It can be done easily with Automation.

You can add a condition based on user's email address which you can fetch using smart value.

For example you can find reporter email using {{reporter.emailAddress}}

You can then use automation action using a condition based on email.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Luke Murray May 27, 2021

Hi Ravi, 

I understand Automation is a paid for feature? 

I'd like to know if this is natively available also.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events