Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Stop Processing Rules End Option

Jennifer Bader March 27, 2023

From what I'm understanding there isn't a way to have a rule end and stop processing additional rules, correct? Like with Outlook rules where you have the option to 'stop processing more rules.'

I have multiple rules that work, but I've come across an issue where a rule is processed correctly and then it goes on to process another rule, which overwrites the details from the previous rule, making those fields now incorrect. There should be an easy way to stop this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

@Jennifer Bader Do you have multiple automations running for the same trigger?  For instance on issue create if you have several automations that run and there is nothing to prevent them running on all issues you would want to make the automations smarter by adding additional conditions that would prevent it from running.  You can also combine them together and branch the process depending on the conditions.  

Jennifer Bader March 30, 2023

Ok, thank. I guess I'll have to make it work.

The "stop processing rules" function at the end of an option would be a helpful feature.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2023

You can submit a feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events