Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Service requests limited with Forms

Cristhian Elson January 15, 2024

I created a new Service requests that within it has a Forms, which was created to help when filling out, using Radio buttons and Checkboxes each one has a Field Key to identify them as well as a Display name.

When the Service requests ticket is created, the information is revealed in Attached forms.

Based on this new Service requests depending on the selection registered in the Radio buttons and Checkboxes I would like to create a new sub-task.

However, within the Automation option in the component (IF: Add a condition) it has the following components below:

{{smart values}} condition
Affected services condition
AQL condition
Forms attached
IF or ELSE: Add condition options
Issue attachments
Issue fields condition
JQL conditions
Related issues conditions
User condition

I would like to know if any of them is possible to use this function to read a keyword within the Attached forms or use the Field Key or Display name defined in the Form previously.

Example: If the Radio button is YES for "Will the user need a new Notebook?", below create a subtask for "Acquire new Notebook".

I have no problem creating subtasks, just finding where and how the condition option would be used.

Or could you tell me an alternative to carrying out this type of task.

Thank you in advance, thank you very much!

Criei um novo Service requests que dentro dele possui um Forms, onde foi criado para auxiliar na momento do preenchimento, utilizando Radio buttons e Checkboxes cada possui um Field Key para identifica-los assim como um Display name.

Quando criado o ticket Service requests as informações são reveladas em Attached forms.

Com base neste novo Service requests dependendo da seleção registrada no Radio buttons e Checkboxes gostaria de criar uma nova sub-task.

Porém dentro da opção de Automation no componente (IF: Add a condition) possui os seguintes componentes abaixo:

{{smart values}} condition
Affected services condition
AQL condition
Forms attached
IF or ELSE: Add condition options
Issue attachments
Issue fields condition
JQL condition
Related issues condition
User condition

Gostaria de saber se algum deles é possivel utilizar esta função de ler alguma palavra chave dentro do Attached forms ou utilizar o proprio Field Key ou Display name definido no Form anteriomente.

Exemplo: Se o Radio button for YES para "O usuário precisará de um novo Notebook?", abaixo criar uma subtask para "Adquirir novo Notebook".

Criação de subtasks não possuo problema, apenas para encontrar onde seria e como seria utilizado a opção de condição.

Ou poderia me informar uma alternativa para estar realizando este tipo de tarefa.

Agradeço desde já, muito obrigado!

2 comments

Emily _ DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2024

Hi @Cristhian Elson 

In Jira Service Management, to create a sub-task based on specific selections in a form attached to a service request, you can utilize the "Forms attached" condition within the Automation rules. This allows you to check the responses in the attached forms and trigger actions accordingly.

Here's how you might set it up:

1. Trigger: Choose "Issue Created" or "Issue Updated" as the trigger.
  2. Condition: Add a "Forms attached" condition to evaluate the responses in the attached form. You can specify the Field Key or Display Name from your form to check the response.
  3. New Condition: If needed, add another condition to further refine when the rule should run (like checking the issue type or other criteria).
  4. Action: If the conditions are met (e.g., a specific radio button is selected), add an action to "Create issue" and specify it as a sub-task. Configure the sub-task details based on the form responses.

I hope this will help!

Like Cristhian Elson likes this
Cristhian Elson January 17, 2024

Hi @Emily _ DevSamurai 

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your answer.

Following the mentioned steps:

Trigger: Choose "Issue Created" or "Issue Updated" as the trigger.

Ok, no problem on this step

Condition: Add a "Forms attached" condition to evaluate the responses in the attached form. You can specify the Field Key or Display Name from your form to check the response.

Created "IF: Add a condition as a Forms attached

Specifications:

Condition*
Specific forms attached to the issue

Forms*
Form chosen

Form state
Any state

And that's all; there is no other option to specify more data.
For example, select an option that shows the Field Key or Display Name for a criterion.

Am I missing something?
Should I choose other condition components that are capable of finding the Field Key or Display Name criteria? or unfortunately, it is not possible to follow these steps.

Once again, thank you for your answer.

Hi @Emily _ DevSamurai 

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your answer

Following the mentioned steps from step 2 Condition:

"IF: Add a condition" next Component "Forms attached" selected

Condition*
Specific forms attached to the issue

Forms*
Form chosen

Form state
Any state

And that's all; there is no other option to specify more data.
For example, select an option that shows the Field Key or Display Name for a criterion

Am I missing something? Or unfortunately, it is not possible to follow these steps.

Once again, thank you for your answer.

Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2024

Hello @Cristhian Elson

While the foundation of your automation is the right idea. However, to pull the field value from the form is not something that can be done 'out of the box' with Jira Automations.

You will need to do this using Jira API's, so if you are fimiliar with API's and webhooks, it will be achievable. Here are some resources below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10697

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/forms/rest/api-group-forms-on-issue/#api-issue-issueidorkey-form-formid-get

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Like Cristhian Elson likes this

Hello @Riley Sullivan 

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll take a look at it.

Like Riley Sullivan likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events