Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation: Sending "annual review" email 12 months after a ticket status = Done

I am working on an automation for a Jira Service Desk project called ISSM that we are using for Vendor compliance management via "Service Request" tickets. At the beginning of every month, I would like to check for tickets which are marked as "Done", with a Resolution date that is more than 365 days old, and then send an email to a specified address with a reminder to complete the review. 

For testing purposes, I have set the "resolution >=5d" because I know we have tickets that would apply. Here's what I have setup presently:

2021-07-07 14_39_15-Project automation.png

In case the query is not readable in that screen shot, here is my JQL query:

project = ISSM and status = Done and issueType = "Service Request" and resolved >=5d

I believe the final query would look something like this:

project = ISSM and status = Done and issueType = "Service Request" and resolved >=365d

When I manually run the rule to test, the audit log shows no matches:

2021-07-07 14_47_02-Project automation.png

Am I calling the issueType incorrectly? Am I misusing "resolved"? Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Geekmaster

The JQL is limited to capture what you want to do.  This is what I would do instead:

Rule 1:

- Create a rule that sets the "review date" (new date customfield) to next year with smart values when the issue is transition to "Done"

- smart value: {{now.plusDays(365)}}

- Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-smart-values-to-manipulate-and-format-dates/

Rule 2:

- Use the scheduled rule that you have and in the JQL you check "review date" = {{now}} and have the same actions.

- Instead doing the first of the month, run it everyday.  

That worked!  Thanks for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

184 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you