Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule for comments

Katherine Stevens May 17, 2022

How do I create an automation rule that would transition the status of a ticket if a client makes a comment?  I see how to do it for all comments, but I don't want the status changed if an agent makes a comment.  I only want it to change if the the external client makes a comment.

Thanks!

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Katherine Stevens  

If you use an Advanced Compare condition, you can check to see if the comment is internal (posted by an agent) or not.

If you add {{comment.internal}} as the first value and then false as the second value, this will only run the subsequent actions if the comment made is external (i.e. made by a customer)

Hope this helps!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Take a look at the Library, there is a rule in there named "When a comment is added → update the status" that you can use as you starting point. That one changes the status both when the reporter and the agent adds comments, but you could remove the one for the agent if you want.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katherine Stevens May 17, 2022

automation rule.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS