Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule - Time in Status - Is a configured SLA required for this to work?

Josh Bray August 27, 2019

My goal is to have a comment added to a request if the Time in Status is lets say 2 days. 

My question is do I need to configure SLAs for this automation rule to work or will it work without configuring SLAs?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Hi Josh,

You will need an SLA.

Susan

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi @Josh Bray - I just wanted to mention another JQL based method to identify issues that have been in a given status in the last two days without an SLA:

status = "In Progress" and status changed AFTER -48h

You can learn more about this here: 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-fields-reference-764478339.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-StatusStatus 

Thanks Michael (for some reason it isn't letting me tag you) - this will help in the short term while I test out some SLA configs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events