Automation Project Rule

Pii May 19, 2022

Dear Team,

I have question with automation project rule as I have created Project Rule and assigned user base on which Status response. It doesn't show any error but it's also not running.Transittion.png

1 comment

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

@Pii 

Hi there:

Can you provide the entire rule? so we can understand better of your issue.  Typically, you will have to use a if/else conditions, then at each if check, then you edit the issue by assigning the issue accordingly.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Pii May 19, 2022

My workflow is 

Request-> Verify Finance Team -> waiting approval -> approve

handle by different user. Screenshot 2022-05-20 114326.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

@Pii -

What I was asking is your actual automation rule setup.  If I look at your original screen shot, your actual workflow have all of those "transition" (Destination status) defined.

Once you provide your automation rule setup, I will be able to give you with better guidance and determine the what it is not running.

Best, Joseph

Pii May 19, 2022

As my attach photo is what actually I am trying to build it. 1st step run correctly but step 2nd is not running.

2nd rule inside it was move transition 1 status to another status with another assignee response.

Thanks!

Pii May 20, 2022

Screenshot 2022-05-20 140618.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

@Pii -

So, you only have one automation rule that controls the entire flow?  If so, then it is a problem.  The event that triggered the automation is "Issue Created", but you are calling out for transition issue testing too.

I would recommend that you have another rule setup that focuses on transitioning your issue via the trigger event of "Issue transitioned".  Lastly, you can look at the audit log to see what is happening with your rule.  You can use "Log action" action to your rule setup to assist your review of the audit log at the end of each branching in your rule and rule debugging.  This way you can see which branching got executed.

Here is a link on debugging rule - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/debug-an-automation-rule/

Best, Joseph

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events