Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Parent Issue need to be the same as trigger issue

Ben Weisman May 8, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to create a rule that when a sub-task is closed, a new sub-task is generated. I want the new sub-task to be housed in the same parent issue as the trigger sub-task.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Ben Weisman 

first of all: I am not a experienced with service desk. Therefore I could just give input with my overall A4J knowledge.

Regarding your description I would suggest following rule:

image.png

Please let me know if this might help and solves your problem.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

HI @Ben Weisman 

Could you try this approach so far? Is there any further feedback/question from your side?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best
Stefan

Ben Weisman May 18, 2022

@Stefan Salzl This works! Thank you.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

@Ben Weisman 

Awesome!! Great to know we got that working 💪🏼💪🏼

Please consider to accept the answer in order to make it easier for other users to find the solution in case they are faced with similar problems 🙌🏼

Best
Stefan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2022

There's no way to do this with Automation yet.

The "create subtask" only works with the current issue, and while the "create issue" function does allow for creating sub-task, there is no option to specify the parent beyond "current issue" and "trigger issue"

(If the create issue function supported it, I would use the smart value {{issue.parent}} as a feed for the "selected parent" option in there)

Both functions allow you to set most fields to whatever you want, but annoyingly, not the parent issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events