Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Not sending email to Distribution List

Priyadharsini V August 23, 2022

Hi,

I have a simple automation to send email to a Distribution list when a new issue is created. 

automation.PNG

Every time I create a new issue, the audit show rule executed successfully. But the Distribution list never received any email from Jira.

message stack.PNG

The Distribution list can receive email from external id (tested).

Can anyone please point out what am I missing here?

Thanks,

Priya

3 answers

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

For users that encounter this behavior in Jira Cloud today, I would recommend creating a support ticket.  What can happen is that if that distribution list isn't setup correctly, or even once sends an SMTP bounce response, our Atlassian Cloud services can flag that email address as invalid.  If that happens then we won't attempt to send further mail to that address.

In which case, someone from support would need to investigate the specific address.  At the moment only support can remove addresses from this suppression list.  I don't have enough information here in order to determine the specific email.  I would recommend all paid sites create a support case so that we can investigate the cause here.

Kasturee July 30, 2023

Thanks Andy. I raised a support ticket with Atlassian for investigation.

1 vote
Alan Bruce March 7, 2023

I am having the same issue. Were you able to get this resolved?

Kasturee July 26, 2023

Hello. I am experiencing the same issue. Is there any resolution?

Alan Bruce July 26, 2023

I was not able to get this to work. I had to add each user. Now I have to manage this from within Jira instead of via Active Directory.

Alan Bruce July 26, 2023

I should also note that we are on Data Center but it seems to be an issue across all versions.

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2023

@Andy Heinzer @Bill Sheboy  Hi Guys, Can you please have a look at this post. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events