Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: How to trigger an automation rule if an organization was added to an issue?

Jay Patoka December 7, 2022

How can I trigger an automation rule when an organization has been added to an issue?

My issue stems from having multiple types of customers who need custom details & unique email notifications under one project. 

With the Jira Customer Notifications being a single global(project-wide) template I looked to disable the: "When an organization is added to an issue - send email" option with the enabled/disabled toggle and replace that with an automation rule. This would allow us to use many more smart values and have custom unique notifications for each group of customers under their respective organization.

What I would like/hope to see:
If field value is changed ( organization )
or, If organization is added to an issue,

Then send email.  (Where I can choose organization)

As I understand it, when I use: If issue has been updated, and if organization contains, then customers would receive this email notification for various reasons, I am wishing to only send an initial email like: "Your organization has been added to this issue."

Though for different organizations I need it to be customized with specific information.

Alternatively, in the project settings -> customer notifications: Edit Templates.  This seems odd that templates is pluralized, as there is only one project-wide template.  If we could specify multiple types of notification templates for different groups of customers(organizations), this would also be a valid option.

Is there something I'm missing or is this to be expected in the future?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jay Patoka December 7, 2022

Apologies,

What I wanted, is in fact present. I did not realize it was not populating in the dropdown.

Screenshot from 2022-12-07 10-11-37.png
So for the organizations needing customized emails when their organization is added to an issue, I can create a unique rule for that group of customers, and then create a catchall rule for the rest of the organizations. 

Feel free to delete this post, or keep it up for the google search.  I do see a lot of conversation around organization notifications.  I think with automation most people will find their answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events