cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Error - Too Many Requests

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Hi All,

I have an automation rule which works perfectly on every ticket but today I had one ticket where the automation failed.

Error is Too Many Request and took 22s to run rather then the usual 4s. There's nothing different about this ticket. It's an automated reports that runs every day at midday with two attachments totaling 200kb.

Has anyone seen this before and know what it means?

Capture.JPG

Cheers,

Suzi

4 answers

0 votes
Justin Turner September 21, 2023

I am running into this across multiple automation rules. The vast majority of time each rule executes fine. However every now and then one or two of the actions in a rule will fail. It is not consistent which rule or actions fail. 

One theory I have is that I have many rules all executing "When Sprint Starts" and each of those rules have numerous actions. I wonder if I consolidated these rules into one rule so that the actions are running in sequence instead of parallel if the problem would lesson. So far the only time I see this error is when I have multiple rules running at the same time.  

0 votes
Nathan Allen July 21, 2023

Either of you ever find an answer to this? I'm running into the same issue.

Janik July 21, 2023

About 2 hours before your comment I noticed Assets was unreachable (both via web and API) with API requests either running into a time-out or a 429 Too many requests.

Possibly this is just a case of Atlassian needing to make Assets more stable?

0 votes
beacon.grayson May 11, 2023

I have a similar issue, where the automation is displaying this error but DID carry out the action to success it appears. I do not know why this error is occuring.

0 votes
Janik February 1, 2023

I'm experiencing something similar recently, an automation that runs perfectly fine 99% of the time, editing an Insight/Assets field on newly created issues based on some conditions.

A pattern is not recognizable, the exact type of ticket could be created at 2:30am and 2:36am, one resulting in an error, the other working fine. No other tickets being created at that time that would explain a "Too Many Requests" message.

2023-02-01 11_09_45-Clipboard.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events