Automation Based on Issue Type (Request Type) and Assignee Issue

CHESTER RAMOS June 7, 2021

Hi All, good day. I hope this question finds you well.

I have been messing around with automation rules... but I am currently stock.

People involved:

Peter - Requestor
David - IT Engineer 1
Goliath - IT Engineer 2
Samuel - IT Engineer 3

In brief.. here is the service request scenario . 

1. A Customer (Peter) Raises a request Service Request
    1.1 Example, Requesting for an account to Accounting System.-- (Status WORKING)
2. Peter's supervisor will receive an email notification with the details of the request (please see screen capture) --(Status WORKING)

3. The System Owner (as mentioned in point 1,1 its an Accounting System; therefore a manager from Account Department will receive an email once Peter's supervisor has approved the request (Status WORKING)

4. Since the Accounting System's user access rights matrix is being managed by the IT Department; the IT Head will receive the notification requesting for approval (STATUS OK)

Ok here is where the fun part begin...

We have many service request forms. Each system types is being managed by different IT Engineers.
Example : David managers Google Accounts, Goliath Managers Active Directory and Samuel Accounting System.

My questions here are:

1. Will there be anyway I can use automation to auto assign the the tickets to IT Engineer based on form/issue type raised? In other words, the IT Head or Service Desk Manager does not need to manual assign the request? In other words, the required automation rule will be dependent on the request/issue type raised. 
(I do know we can input the email address of the assignee, and based from what I know the assigned personnel comes in when all the all the required approvals are met) 

2. Please refer to the workflow screen capture, I am currently stuck at 4, once the IT Head approve (he receive an email with Approve/Reject button), it seems like the supposed to be IT Engineer also has the same mentioned button. If I am not mistaken, there should be a Resolved or Close button right?

3. At the moment, "Assignee" custom field is hidden by default, is there a way to unhide it and input the email address of the IT Engineer accountable for the ticket type? (Or I can create a new custom field)

Looking forward for your help and assistance:

1. Below is the Customized form for a Service Request: 

(As you can see , I need to enter the "assignee's email address" as the assignee custom field cannot be shown with the form, in other words each form will have different assignee email address)

Assignee Email.JPG

2. Below is what a typical form looks like.

form.JPG

3. Here are my workflow for such and workflow Statuses for the form above:
From the process flow , where does the custom field "Assignee" comes in? 

wf.jpgSR WorkFlow.JPG.

Thanks,

Chester

1 answer

0 votes
Service Net June 7, 2021

With basic automations delegating issues to users based on issue/request type in the same project isn't really possible.  From my research it appears that you can find some plugins that will allow you to script it.

I was trying to break out a ticket that had multiple parts that needed to be done, and assign them as subtasks to the appropriate people when it is created.  The problem was the automation targeted everything involving a subtask in the project.

My solution was to break out the types into separate projects rather than issue groups.

The problem that poses is say now HR wants to use Jira Service desk, the main portal for IT will always show the HR project as well.  You can hide projects from certain customers, but where our customers are all in the same company this is not effective as they will need both services.  Aside from paying for another Service Management License i have not found a work around, which is not really cost effective when hosted.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events