Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Assignee become reporter

Gabriele Radici
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

I have an automation set up to create tickets in other projects when certain requirements are met. I want the assignee from the initial ticket to become the reporter in the new tickets. However, I'm unable to achieve this using the visual editor. I discovered the Advanced field option, but I'm not sure how to use it for this purpose.

Can someone assist me with this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tharaka_Hettiarachchi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Gabriele Radici ,

Can you please share the automation rule?

From your explanation;

1. In Assignee Field -> you can select 'Copy'

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16.22.24.png2. and click on 'Copy Assignee from current issue' -> Then you can change the values according to your requirement

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 16.24.21.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Gabriele - Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Can you share the rule that you have so far and what is not working with it? 

0 votes
Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Gabriele Radici 

Try the following for your reference. So the new issue created would automatically be reported by the assignee from the initial issue, if my understanding of your query is correct. 

Screenshot at Apr 18 22-54-22.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events