Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - AQL Missing

Dustin Alcock January 3, 2024

I have multiple automations using AQL but when I'm going to create a new automation, AQL is no longer available in branching. Only Advanced branching and Branch Rule /related issues. If I go into an existing AQL automation and delete that automation component, I can't add it back in either. Obviously I could clone an existing automation and repurpose it, but I'm concerned that AQL is being taken away?

Did I miss the removal memo? Bug?

2 answers

@Dustin Alcock  There are 2 reasons I can think of why you may not see the AQL option:

1. It is only if you set your Automation rule to be 'Global', that not within a single JSM project

2. In general Automation does not support nested branching and so if you are trying to use an AQL branch within an existing branch, the option will not show up

0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2024

Hi @Dustin Alcock

AQL is not being taken away but the product is definitely under constant evolution. I would recommend checking if there were any changes on the Atlassian Release Notes or, otherwaise, since you have Premium subscription, raise a ticket with Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com

Please remember to accept this answer in case it helps you resolve your question as it may also help other community members in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events