Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically asign a specific subtask.

Raphael Bartolome March 23, 2023

Hi together, 

I´m currently trying to automate the process of assigning certain subtasks to a certain member of my team. I only got to asign a whole issue to one person, but not the child subtasks individually to different members of my team.

Can anyone help me with that?

Many thanks,

Raphael

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @Raphael Bartolome 

Thank you for your question. This is certainly possible by using an automation. 

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 15.36.40.png

This triggers on issue creation but you can trigger on whatever change you want.

Is this what you are looking for?

Raphael Bartolome March 24, 2023

Thank you for your responding! 

With your answer all subtasks of the parent issue are selected and assigned to one person. Do you know by any chance how we can assign specific subtasks of one issue to specific different people? 

Many thanks! 

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

My example just used a generic sub-task. But you can create different types of subtasks to achieve the result you want.

For example. I have a subtask called "UI/X Design" which is always assigned to our UX designer.

Go to Cog Wheel > Issues > Sub-tasks to define different types of subtasks.

Is that what you mean or are you looking for something else?

Raphael Bartolome March 24, 2023

That was what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

No problem, good luck setting it up!

If you don't mind, please accept my answer as the solution :)

Enjoy your weekend

Like Raphael Bartolome likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events