cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically adding request participants

Brandon Elie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2024

I have an incident request type which requires the submitter to choose which department(s) should be involved in the incident. Then through Jira automation, I'd like the associated department head(s) to be added as request participant(s) and then sent an email which contains a link to the issue. I've created two lookup tables:

• One for department and department head email address
  • The other for departments and department head Jira account ID's

Using the branch/apply-to-each function to loop through the chosen departments and send emails one at a time works fine. However, trying to add request participants one at a time does not work - only one is added. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? I've tried the normal and the advanced JSON method but still only one participant is added.

Also, happy to hear any different ways you think this same result could be achieved. Thought of creating and array of accounts ID's and adding in bulk but I'm not sure how to do this. For whatever reason, I'm an unable to create an object.

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2024

Hi @Brandon Elie , 

Welcome to the community! 

Adding request participants one by one is best done using the advanced JSON method. 

There are 2 things to look out for: 

1. using the correct format -> described here
  2. Make sure you use the update + add, and not fields or set -> described here.

If you can't get it to work, please add a screenshot of you advanced json method, so we can help debug :) 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events