Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic ticket generation at a specific time

Stefan Speck October 25, 2023

Dear community,

I would like to create an automatic ticket for a project on every 15th of the month. Ticket example: "Import health insurance contribution rate file". Is it possible to create something like this, so that Jira automatically creates the ticket at this time (middle of the month)? I would be very happy to get some feedback.

Many greetings
Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2023
Stefan Speck October 26, 2023

Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am aware that this can only be done via the automation rules. Unfortunately, however, I do not know how to define such a rule exactly. Can you explain me how to create a rule that defines that every month on the 15th day the same ticket (content X) will be reopened?

Best,
Stefan

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

Hi @Stefan Speck ,

please try something like this:

rule.png

Stefan Speck October 31, 2023

Hi @Hana Kučerová

Thank you for your feedback. It helped me a lot. Everything has worked out.

Kind regards

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2023

@Stefan Speck I'm happy to help :-)

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2023

Hi @Stefan Speck@Huma Kanwal

You can use the automation to create rules for scheduling issue creation. Keep in mind that Atlassian is changing automation limits (link to the official announcement), so you have to check if you won't exceed that limit. It's especially risky if you use standard plan and execute many rules every month.

You can think about using the app from marketplace. I can recommend app created by my team: Scheduled Templates for Jira. You can easily define when issues will be created based on the configured template. You can use even the CRON expression to define this recurrence.

Stefan Speck October 26, 2023

Hey @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ 

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am aware that this can only be done via the automation rules. Unfortunately, however, I do not know how to define such a rule exactly. Can you explain me how to create a rule that defines that every month on the 15th day the same ticket (content X) will be reopened?

Best,
Stefan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events