Automatic closure rule not working

Jessie Daniel Manansala May 22, 2022

Hello,

Can someone please give me some feedback on why my rule below is not working?

I defined a new SLA called "time to reply before ticket closure" and set 72h for it. (Made it 1m for the sake of testing)

SLA.jpg

I then created an automation rule below where if the SLA threshold was breached (Ticket in "Awaiting User Confirmation") for 72h then it will transition itself automatically to Closed status.

Automatic closure.jpg

As per audit log, this rule is not always being run by the system but there were times that the system was able to run it successfully signifying that my rule is correct however I do not understand why it does not work most of the time.

Below is the audit log result where it shows the successful transition from "Awaiting User Confirmation" to "Closed" status.

Audit Log.jpg

Please enlighten me on what else is missing or incorrect on my rule. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hey @Jessie Daniel Manansala ,

For the tickets where it doesn't work, is the not triggering or is it triggering with an error?

If not triggering, do you see the SLA actually breached on those tickets?

(the 1min might too short maybe between calculation and changing the status so maybe put it a little longer.. it still needs time to calcualte :))

If you put it as a project specific rule, you also shouldn't need to put that JQL for the project. Should work but just another step that can fail and adds delay.

Also, how is the status set to "waiting for user confirmation"? if this is also an automation when adding a comment you might need to add the "this rule can be triggered by another rule" checkbox on this breached rule.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events