Automatic Sub-Task assign to Sub-Task creator

ebrahim rezaian July 7, 2021

Hello guys 

I had try this with automation-for-jira-3.14.0 and it works for one project and for another project it didn't work. The interesting thing is that the configuration of these two projects are just like each other.

1.png

2 answers

0 votes
acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

Hi ebrahim

As informed by @Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_ it is impossible for the user to get the issue assigned without having the permission from what i can remember . At least for the user to  get the issue assigned to him ,he needs to have been added to assignable user permission .

One more thing ,about the rule . Because the issue creator is the one to whom the issue should be assigned . So he should have the assignable permission .

If i could think of a workaround maybe create a component as Other creators and add the user to that component and when he creates an issue ask him to fill in the component in the create screen and see if the issue is assigned to him. I have not checked it personally . But you can try 

Note : I still think for the turnaround thing the user needs assignable permission .

0 votes
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hello @ebrahim rezaian ,

That might be issue with permissions. 

Please check if specified user has Assignable User permission and also check who is the Actor of the rule (the user, which performs the action), if it has Assign Issues permission.

Adam

ebrahim rezaian July 7, 2021

you know I want to give this ability to everyone.

I don't want to change my permission schema. Assignable User permission in my project is restricted to project lead. Because I want the creation of sub-task  (only sub tasks) to be possible by everyone.

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

@ebrahim rezaian as mentioned below, you have to have that specific group / project role of users in Assignable User permission. Logically the subtasks cannot be assigned to these users without that. The creation of subtasks is not related to Assignable User permission.

Regards,
Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events