Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Asset Fields

robert.solimine November 3, 2022

I am trying to reduce the number of clicks technicians need to take when entering a new computer into our Assets object schema. I would like the technician to select only the model of computer and have the manufacturer and form factor fields automatically fill in since they can only be specific correct values. A ThinkPad T14 can only be a laptop made by Lenovo.

I'm trying to teach myself how this might work but feel lost in a sea of confusing documentation and search results.

Workstations.jpgModels.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Hi @robert.solimine,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently that is not possible from within Assets, you would have to use a request form and filter issue scope in order to get close to what you want. You could then use automation to add the new object to Assets.

robert.solimine November 3, 2022

That is a cool idea! I will look into creating a form they can use. What about using the Filter by AQL option within the field's options? It may not automatically set the value, but at least it might be able to filter all other options?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Yes, if you use filter scope that you can limit what the users will see, I use this for peripheral requests and are only showing peripherals available based the location that the user selects. Once Forms have access to Assets fields (which should happen very soon based on the public roadmap) I will use that instead of the request form because we need some conditional information based on the location.

Like robert.solimine likes this
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2022

With that, the Rules we have in the Jira DC - is that available for JIRA cloud also?/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events