Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated emails with monthly reports

Anudeep Prabhakar July 5, 2022

Hello Everyone,

I work in the billing department, we receive Jira tickets on day to day basis. I want to make an automated email system where my management shall receive an email every month with all the ticket details (Status, SLA, Category/Sub-Category and Etc) in an excel format.
Please let me know if this is possible without using any third-party tools.

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

Hi @Anudeep Prabhakar and welcome to the Community!

As long as your management has a Jira license (it may be a Jira Software license) and has access to the tickets in Jira, you can simply use the filter subscription feature for this. Basically:

• make sure that you have a user group that holds your management users.
  • you create a filter that fetches all the tickets you want to include in the update, select the columns you want in the view and save it.
  • from that filter's filter details, you create a filter subscription with the desired schedule and send it to the management user group I mentioned in the first step

You can find more information on filter subscriptions in this blog post.

Hope this helps! 

Anudeep Prabhakar July 24, 2022

Hello @Walter Buggenhout ,

Thanks for the help.
May I know if the report we receive can be in Excel format instead of the Jira portal sheet?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Anudeep Prabhakar,

No, not without 3rd party tools. With standard Jira functionality, you can:

• export the results from a filter manually to csv format;
  • display the results of such a filter on a dashboard in Jira
  • send the results of such a filter via a filter subscription as described above 
Like Aldo Contreras Estrada likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events