Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automate assigning issues by custom label

Hi, 

I'm quite new to Jira and working on a test-environment for our team (if the test is succesful we'll implement it in our team environment)
We would look to automatically assign issues to the person for who that issue particular is. 

I was trying to find the most ideal way, and basically noticed; if I would be able to set custom labels which the customer must fill in (for example issue: "content", "lights", "sound") then it would be easy to assign the correct person to that issue. 

However, I can not create this custom predefined labels. So there must be another way. 
By using labels it would be the most ideal way, since I can force the customer that they must fill one label which is related to the issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall Community Leader Sep 07, 2022

Hi @Kasper THEBULB_ and welcome to the community!

Labels are designed to be unstructured so that would not be the best path.

Your use case is perfect for components.  Not only will it provide structure, but you can also set your team members as component leads which means the issue would be automatically assigned based upon the component.  No automation necessary.

Hi Mark Segall, thank you! 
I'll look into it today, thank you! 

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events