Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate CSAT without Default Customer Notification Enabled

Teddy August 1, 2022

Hi all,

Really keen on implementing this automation (or finding a similar workaround) without having to utilize the default Request Resolved customer notification. Has anyone had any success with implementing the following Automation on Jira Service Management Cloud? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-send-csat-link-to-customer-using-custom-notification-via-automation-when-default-request-resolved-customer-notification-disabled-1086405958.html#:~:text=Provide%20feedback-,about,-this%20article

I believe I am getting hung up on the 'Send Web Request' step. I have followed the instructions and mirrored the details in the screenshots (except I have inserted a different web request URL and authorization code). I am curious about the following instruction that is captured in the screenshot for the 'Custom Data' field:

"token": "test123",

Is "test123" supposed to be included in the Custom Data field or replaced by the API token?

When I attempt to use the 'Validate your web request configuration' option I get the following error:

{
  "errorMessages": [
    "There was an error parsing JSON. Check that your request body is valid."
  ]
}

Any insights from the community would be great appreciated. Thanks!

1 comment

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Teddy 

Welcome to the Community!

test123 provided in the example is just some random payload added to the issue properties. 

You need to specifiy it with curly braces in the PUT custom data 

{
"token": "test123"
}

This should make the JSON parsing error go away

Teddy August 3, 2022

Thank you for the quick response, Ajay. tes123 is entered in the custom data field as follows (matching the instruction in the How-to link), but am still getting the error.

{
"token": "test123",
"issueID": {{issue.key}}
}

The Response when attempting to validate is 'Response 400 Bad Request'

Andreas Auer October 3, 2022

Nearly the same here: I get the response 401 "Unauthorized" because of Payload: "Basic authentication with passwords is deprecated."

Any resolution/workaround?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events