Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autologin, and users with no Jira

Carlos A_ López Ortín November 18, 2021

Hello, experts:

I'm doing an external app using .NET Core that integrates the Jira portal on it. Because <iframe> are out of discussion, I tried to do it using Jira API and oAuth2 authentication.

As far as I went, I was able to connect, get a issue list, an issue details, its comments, worklog and attachments. But the problem came when I tried to log as a customer: this customer has no Jira account, just Atlassian, because it uses a "helpdesk" portal to submit issues, with no Jira nor Service-Desk access. So I had these problems:

- I came out that I shouldn't use Jira Cloud API, but Jira Service desk API. Neither of both allow me to log in with that user, because it's not using Jira or Service Desk directly, but a helpdesk plugin. Any time I try to log in, an error windows appears saying that this user has no Jira/service Desk. How do I do this?

- The user should not log in on Atlassian apps. I don't know if I can connect the user directly to Jira, or if I can connect him through a "service/dummy user". One way or another, the user sholud not be asked to put user and password (we can store his/her credentials on our Identity DDBB), but according to this doc:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps/

I must redirect to auth.atlassian.com/authorize login page to put credentials, can it be done automatically, without user inputs?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events