Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Autologin, and users with no Jira

Edited

Hello, experts:

I'm doing an external app using .NET Core that integrates the Jira portal on it. Because <iframe> are out of discussion, I tried to do it using Jira API and oAuth2 authentication.

As far as I went, I was able to connect, get a issue list, an issue details, its comments, worklog and attachments. But the problem came when I tried to log as a customer: this customer has no Jira account, just Atlassian, because it uses a "helpdesk" portal to submit issues, with no Jira nor Service-Desk access. So I had these problems:

- I came out that I shouldn't use Jira Cloud API, but Jira Service desk API. Neither of both allow me to log in with that user, because it's not using Jira or Service Desk directly, but a helpdesk plugin. Any time I try to log in, an error windows appears saying that this user has no Jira/service Desk. How do I do this?

- The user should not log in on Atlassian apps. I don't know if I can connect the user directly to Jira, or if I can connect him through a "service/dummy user". One way or another, the user sholud not be asked to put user and password (we can store his/her credentials on our Identity DDBB), but according to this doc:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/oauth-2-authorization-code-grants-3lo-for-apps/

I must redirect to auth.atlassian.com/authorize login page to put credentials, can it be done automatically, without user inputs?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

778 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you