Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto reference an object type

Divya Mantravadi December 20, 2022

I have a requirement to reference an object type based on the attribute populated. Here is the example.

Obejct type 1 : Mobile Phone

Attributes: Asset Name, SIM Number (Referenced to Object Type 2)

Object Type 2: SIM Number

Attributes: Vendor, Mobile Phone's Asset Name (Reference to Object type 1)

Problem Statement: I have populated the mobile phone and sim number in object type 1 and expect the mobile phone's asset name in object type 2 to be automatically populated but its blank. 

Can you please let me know how do I auto display the mobile phone in object type 2 based on object type 1's entry.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hey @Divya Mantravadi ,

If you mean you want the link back from the SIM card to the Phone to be created automatically that doesn't happen out of the box.

Having synchronized attributes (Phone -> Sim ( -> Phone)) which create that link back on it's own would be great but isn't available.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10654

You could look in to automating it but sadly at this time you cannot trigger an automation based on an attribute change.

Divya Mantravadi December 20, 2022

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans thanks a lot for your response and clarifying my question. Sad that this feature isn't available hopefully this will get sorted. Thanks for the suggestion link. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events