Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-create tickets when a message is posted to channel WITHOUT a form

Haley Hathcock April 27, 2023

Hello! We just migrated from Halp to Assist / Jira Service Management. With Halp, we were able to auto-create tickets when a message is posted to channel and a form was not required. Any message dropped in #it-help would automatically be converted to a ticket which we then managed in agent-only #it-help-triage. The only time customers were required to fill out a form is when they submitted a request through the Assist App portal. 

Now with Assist / Jira Service Management, when a customer drops a message in #it-help, the Assist bot requires the customer to fill out a form for their request. If they do not do this, the request does not end up in the #it-help-triage channel.               

I have followed the instructions under Create issues automatically here, they are still not being created automatically and selecting a form is required. The instructions mention "If no fields are required, the message turns into an issue automatically," so I checked the Fields setting and none are set to required.       

How can we bypass the form requirement?         

Thanks!                                 

1 answer

0 votes
Austin Alejandro August 14, 2023

I am running into the same thing. Let me know if you found an answer please! Looking too

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events