Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Forward Email Behavior Changed?

Simon Proudfoot November 9, 2021

I was auto-forwarding emails to our helpdesk/support email and if a second email had the same subject as the first, then it would be added as a comment on the ticket created by the initial email . This behavior has changed and the second email is now creating it's own issue rather than going to the ticket. How can I replicate the old behavior? I think I need a way to link the tickets/merge them into one using a automation rule. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

Hello @Simon Proudfoot,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

For email replies to be added as a comment on existing tickets, it’s necessary that the summary/subject contains the issue key and also that the person who is replying to the notification has permission to the ticket, otherwise, a new one will be created.

Does the email contain the same issue key?

Can you check if the Allow all emails that contain a valid issue key to be added as a comment to the issue is enabled (Cog icon > Products > Configuration)?

It’s also important to confirm with the administrators if they changed some configuration. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events