I am having a system that sends me emails containing information like this: 

ASSIGNEDOWNERGROUP=2LGSD;
EXTERNALSYSTEM=PHONECALL;
OWNER="XXXXX";
TEMPLATEID=1225;
REPORTEDBYID="XXXXX";
DESCRIPTION="XXXXX";
SOLUTION="XXXXX";

I want to create an Issue using the values from the mail. 

Like this:

DESCRIPTION will be SUMMARY
OWNER will be Assignee
REPORTEDBYID = CREATOR
If SOLUTION is present, create and Close the Issue

How can I use workflows to auto-create issues from an email using values from the email body?

//Br Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

Hello Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When tickets are created via email on a Service Management project, the Subject will be the Summary, the Body will be set as the Description and the FROM will be the reporter. If there are more people added on the TO or CC, they will be added as request participants. 

For someone to be added as the assignee, it will be necessary to set this value as a default value to the field or create automation to assign the ticket to an agent, based on some condition. It’s not possible to set an assignee based on an email address from an incoming email.

For more information about how incoming email works on Jira Service Management, please, check the documentation below:

With built-in features in Jira, that’s the only option for now. So in case you need to set those other values, it will be necessary to use an add-on, and one that might help you achieve this is Scriptrunner. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events