Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auth0 login for customers in Jira Service Desk (Cloud)

Hi,

I'm planning the migration to Jira Cloud for my company. One challenge I'm facing is the authentification of the customers to Jira Service Desk portal.

Currently, the logged users on our platform can click on a link to open a ticket without login. This is working well because we're using Auth0 for user authentification and Kantega SSO plugin on Jira to connect our users as JSD customers. 

As Kantega plugin is not available on Jira Cloud, is there any way to do this in Cloud ? I don't know if Atlassian Access is a good solution, I don't want to pay $4 for each users. 

Regards,

Paul

1 answer

0 votes

@Paul Brissaud -

Hi Paul:

Welcome to the community.  If you need to use your own idp source (i.e. Okta, LDAP, Azure etc...) for your users, then you will have to use Atlassian Access.  Without Atlassian Access, your users will need to have Atlassian account setup to utilize your CLOUD env.

However, if your users doesn't need portal access to create the issues in your JSM project, then you can just rely on email only for issue creation and communication between your customers/agents.  You will need to setup customization to sender of the email get automatically added to the an internal group used by JSM (assigned with the Service Desk Customers role).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

467 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you