Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments outside of JIRA

Nicolas Basilio November 17, 2023

Hello, how are you?

I'm having a problem in Jira:

I have an operation that serves customers outside of JIRA through JIRA. Everything works except the attachments, because when we attach any document to a comment and the client tries to access the attachment they are redirected to the Jira login page and we do not make this available.

Is there a way to release attachments so anyone can download them without logging into Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2023

Hey @Nicolas Basilio ,

Based on the permission scheme your project use, who ever can "Browse Projects" they can access these attachments, else you'll have to make your project open to "Public" (which I don't recommend usually).

Since you're using JSM, you can onboard your external users as "Customers", this way they will be able to access the attachments (post login) and you'll won't be billed additionally for Customers.

Reference : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-customer-to-a-service-project/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events